Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Party at my place!

I was supposed to go to bed early yesterday. It was, apparently, not in the cards. I went to the club I usually go to in Bangalore, namely Taika, danced a little bit, had a few beers and generally had a good time. Then, about half way through the night (which only lasts a few hours, as I’ve told you before) one of the guys I know said ‘hey, is your place near by?’ ‘Yeah, pretty close’ I answered. ‘Cool, can we have a smoke there?’ ‘Yeah sure, why not? Can I invite my friends?’ I asked. He gave me a strange look at this point. ‘Yeah, it’s your place.’ He had a point.

The thing was, what was meant to be just a few drinks, a few people and a few joints turned into a massive festivity that had the landlord shouting at both me and my neighbour in the morning. Actually more my neighbour, as the landlord’s English isn’t that good.

I went to bed at eight. I guess you could call that early.

When you go to a good party, you have a great time, but when you throw a good party it is far more satisfying. Well, except for the cleaning up afterwards. There was about ten of us and we drank three bottles of whiskey, two bottles of vodka and smoked a huge number of cigarettes (we had to go make cigarette and booze runs throughout the night, which became more and more interesting the more and more drunk the driver became).

As you might have guessed we all got totally smashed. Two women passed out on beds (the party hasn’t started till the first person has passed out) and nobody actually left till the sun was well and truly up. That is always a good sign, I believe. When nobody leaves the atmosphere must be good. I have to go by thinks like that, because my memories are far too tainted by my intoxication to be much of a guide.

I love impromptu parties. The great thing about them is that there is no anticipation. Nobody expects anything and therefore they just go with the flow. Planned parties are almost always disappointing, but there is no time with impromptu parties to have any emotional build up.

Two parties till the wee hours in three days. Not bad in a town where it’s officially all supposed to end by 11:30.

3 comments:

  1. Dei. Photo daa dei. You don't have camera, you borrow your friend's camera, or you ask your friend to e-mail to you photoes of your crib. Dei. Yenadei.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, of course. I'll buy one as soon as I have positive cash flow, deal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya but before that, somehow get a shot of this place that holds so much memories for you. Only because your own memory is fast fading alongside the flowing alcohol and other matters ;o). You have a strange way of taking pictures at odd angles, seeing things the way only you see it.

    ReplyDelete