Saturday, November 10, 2007

Drained

I finished my script last night and ended up absolutely drained as a result. Emotionally and psychologically the energy was pretty much gone. I desperately needed new stimulation, in order to start recharging my batteries, but didn’t actually have the energy to go and find it.

My friends were, unfortunately, not much help either. They all had their own problems to deal with (as well as letting themselves get infected with my mood). I would have loved it if one of them would have taken the lead and I could have just been dragged along in their slip stream, but that was not to be. So we just sat around and stared at each other.

I’ve found I’m a new experience junky. The best way to stress me out and have me slide into depression is to make sure that my environment doesn’t change. This means the places I go, the things I eat and the people I hang around with. As long as there is some new stimulus to incorporate into my life, I’m happy. When there is nothing new, however, I seem to slide into a self-absorb self analysis that is ultimately useful, but not a great deal of fun.

I’m hoping Bangalore still has some new stimuli to offer. It should, I sure, I just have to approach this city in a new way. Maybe try to avoid the coffee shops, the bars and the clubs and find something else to do.

The question is, I’m not sure what there is to do! I’d love to see some movies (movies are a great way to get dragged along in somebody else’s slip stream) but the movie theatres here only show Bollywood (not only, but the non-bollywood movies are irregular and at strange times). I’m already constantly reading and writing, so unless I change the theme of my reading (I’m might be reading too much science right now, which is certainly informative but not very escapist) that isn’t really an option.

I could leave town. Not for ever (I don’t think that’s a wise choice) but for a while. It would be great if I could find a beach somewhere to just sit on. I might be too far away from things for that (Bangalore is pretty much spot in the middle in the south), but I’ll have to check that out.

Basically I need new stimuli. Anybody got any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. you might wanna get your hands on a bicycle and cycle to nowhere in particular.

    just remember your way back!

    ps: it'd be nice if you had pictures.

    ReplyDelete