Monday, November 19, 2007

Busy in Bangalore

This weekend has been far too busy. The reason? The short film, as a matter of fact. Things are really moving along now (mainly because we just don’t have enough time for things not to move). Yesterday, for example, we went to two studies, met a prop-design guy, talked about financing, talked to actors, passed out the audition script and a whole host of other things that I can’t even remember at this point. All of this on about four hours of sleep, as the night before we’d gone out till late (common sense is still not my strongest feature).

It is truly amazing how well things are moving along. The biggest problem, right now, is that we’re still short of a financer (we’d rather not pay it out of our own pocket, even though the whole project will only cost a few thousand dollars, so if you know anybody?)

It’s just great how the people of this city are all like ‘yeah, we can do that’ and then actually go and try to do it. Not everybody, mind you, but enough people that we honestly believe that we have a shot at finishing this in the time that we have left.

We now tentatively have a camera man (apparently he’s really good, though I myself haven’t looked at his showreel yet), a place to film, a prop-maker an actor that’s planning to come down from Bombay (though we’re still looking at others, in case this one doesn’t work out), cameras, lights and a great deal of action.

It’s been a really good experience and what ever happens, I will take a great deal of knowledge and wisdom away with me from this one. I say what ever happens, but that’s not really an acceptable option. This project has to work and we have to film it; otherwise we disappoint a huge number of people and, what’s more, lose all the credibility that we’ve amassed over the last ten days. Some people would see that as a weight on their shoulders, I see that as a fire under my ass.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. I love being busy with something I enjoy. It just gets all of those creative juices flowing, it sharpens the mind and it releases huge amounts of endorphins into the blood stream (at least in my case) I am, once again, really happy with my life. Coming to India was a very good decision on my part. I might be spending more money than I’m making, but that is secondary. Money is not as important as people make it out to be. It’s just an easy way to measure success and therefore gets too much attention. There are more currencies than money and I’m learning all about those other currencies every day.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.usconstitution.net/commonsense.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey dude, i'm still reading in the shadows... looks like things are really coming together. you've gone from having half a career to (perhaps) two whole ones. ;)

    i've asked for the holidays off so i can join you and the mayor of london, but i'm not holding my breath since the request is so late. we'll see, tho.

    cheers matey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll check that link out pyrrhus. Brad, you'll be missing a good new years if you can't make this one and I'll be sure to rub it in your face for years to come.

    ReplyDelete