Sunday, November 11, 2007

I’m feeling a lot better, thank you

Saturday we went out and had a blast (Even though the actual locations hadn’t changed a great deal) and I ended up meeting a whole bunch of new people. New people equals new ideas and new interactions, so that brought me back on top pretty quickly. What is more, on Sunday we started meeting people to fill all the roles associated with the short movie (we’ve got a producer and a director, we might have a lighting person and we thought we had an actor but that didn’t go anywhere). That was a great deal of fun. This short film is obviously turning into another good excuse to meet yet more people.

This week I’ve got to try and do some serious work (enough piss farting around), but that’s good as work makes me happy. Well, work I enjoy anyway.

The thing about modelling is that it is actually a lot more work than you would expect. The stuff that happens in front of the camera and on the catwalk is actually the easy part (and the least stressful). It’s the networking and getting people to know that you’re available (and like you enough to use you rather than somebody else) that takes most of the work. So that’s what I’ll be doing this next week, getting more people in the fashion industry to know that I’m around.

I know a lot of people everywhere else, but the fashion industry people seem to be pretty insulated. It’s all a matter of finding people that know people and then convincing them to put in a good word with the people they know. Rinse and repeat.

People say that I should feel lucky that things are going as fast as they are. Well, at least I’ve got a lot of free time! After all, this is still supposed to be a holiday, though I’m no longer exactly sure why it should be.

Goa for new years. Definitely in the cards. That should be a real blast. It seems that half of Bangalore will be there (if you hear them talk) which might not be completely a good thing, but hey I’m just dying to get back to the beach. What is a six month trip without a great deal of time spent baking on a thin little strip dividing the wet from the dry?

Oh yes, and I’ve joined face book; though most of you probably already know that. It’s interesting to see who’s out there and it’s nice to at least have an idea that you’re still in touch with people, though you’ll probably never see them again.

Yeah, things are better. If things continuously get better than eventually everything will be perfect, or at least in theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment