Friday, October 20, 2006

Waking Life

So, to continue on this weird theme I’ve got going, I just finished watching the movie Waking Life, by Richard Linklater. Now, this is a weird movie. There is no other way to describe it, but it is both profound and bizarre at the same time, which is quite an accomplishment.

Is it a great movie? I’m not yet sure, I think I’ll need to watch it again a few more times before I’ve decided that, but it is certainly a movie worth watching, if can avoid falling asleep (I’ll tell you straight out that for most people this movie will just not be worth their time).

I think the movie might be slightly too high brow. That’s probably why it ended up in the discount pile in Canada (where a friend of mine bought it for me). It certainly takes a great deal of mental exercise to get through. Some would consider that a good thing, some would just see that as a waste of time. I’ll leave it up to you to decide where you belong.

I’ll just finish by saying this is something that might be profound, or might just be mind bogglingly boring, but at least it won’t be ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment