Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Hypocrisy

I’ve heard it said that those features we hate most in others are actually features that we ourselves posses. Now that probably isn’t true, but it does sound good. Take for instance one mate of mine, he’s consistently critical of the Asian way of avoiding a situation rather than confronting it. He always laments loudly about how many Asian people do not know how to deal with confrontation.


The problem is that he is guilty of that himself. This evening, for instance, I tried to reach him to meet up, but he apparently decided that he didn’t want to talk, so he chose not to pick up his phone.


I know that, because after a few hours of him not returning my messages I said ‘never mind, enjoy your trip’ (yes, he’s leaving for a week tomorrow) and not soon after he sent back a message saying ‘thanks and I’ll see you when you come back’.


It kind of put a dampener on my whole evening, which is a shame as tomorrow I don’t have to start work till six o’clock in the evening, so I should he trying to have a good time. Go figure. Well the world is full of little disappointments.


No, that's it. If you're expecting something uplifting to follow that statement you've come to the wrong blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment