Friday, October 13, 2006

Hostel (2005)

I don’t think there are many movies which are significant in a specific year, but I am convinced that Hostel was one such movie for the year 2005. The acting wasn’t particularly good, nor was the budget particularly big, but it was none-the-less a significant movie in the western horror genre.


‘Why?’ I hear you ask. Well, let me tell you. Hostel does something new. It doesn’t just show the mind of the hunted, it also shows the minds of the hunters, the psychology of the killer and the concept of what the rich will do to get their thrills.


I don’t want to give too much away about what the movie is about, but I hereby would like it to be noted that I say this now, not later, when everybody else is saying it. Of course I can’t be sure that everybody else will be saying it, but if they don’t then that just goes to show that not every great movie is discovered or recognised.


Yes, I am waffling. Just make sure you watch it, if you like the unpredictable, the original and actually manage to get your hands on a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment