Monday, October 16, 2006

Movies

I love movies. Secretly (well, not so secretly) I would love to be a film critic. Even managed to win a prize at one point with one of my reviews.

Any self respecting movie lover wouldn't go without a few very important resources on the internet, though, so I felt it was my duty to put up three links.

The first one is the Internet Movie Database, (imdb for short). Which seems to contain nearly every movie that you'll ever want to look up (so far it has not failed me yet).

The second one is Rotten Tomatoes, which is a review site that takes reviews from many different people and brings them together on one site, also averaging out their score (as well as the users score). They also do other things, but their main strength is still their many reviews on one page.

Then, lastly, there is the Hollywood Stock Exchange, a website which had modeled a stock exchange on upcoming movies and upcoming stars. If you think you know your movies, this is the game for you (plus it's free).

Great websites, that even if already very popular, should be mentioned just in case somebody hadn't heard about them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment