Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Plan

I’m not going back. Not yet. I’ve decided to extend my stay in India by another two months. That way I’ll be coming back right at the beginning of spring; which is a hell of a lot better than the middle of winter. This despite the fact that I didn’t actually get the job with the agency. Still, the agency says that it really shouldn’t be a problem for me to get a bit of work while I’m here. That should make the finances at least a little easier. Still, even if I don’t get any work I should still be able to survive, though it won’t exactly be comfortable. Well, rather poor in paradise, than poor in Germany.

Mentally I’m pretty much on top again, though in the real world not that many good things have happened to me. I didn’t get the job, my grandmother passes away (though I wasn’t that close to her), and a whole bunch of women related nonsense that I’m not going to bore you with up here (even though that might be one of those things that some of you would find interesting).

Still, things are on the mend and once I’ve got my positive, go-get-em attitude back I’ll be well set to tear up Palolem. The question of how I will tear it up hasn’t quite settled in my mind, but I think it’s best to just see what happens. I definitely want to work a whole lot more (working on a group of short stories now) and get back to reading. Basically haven’t read a book in a month, which is really odd for me (and might actually be partially responsible for why I’ve been feeling a bit down; reading is important for me).

Palolem is still as idylic as ever and just watching the sun set into the sea every day is great way to gain perspective. The sea has always had an amazing calming effect on me. It’s hard to worry about the small stuff when you’ve got this huge, almost unending expanse of water in front of you. In fact, the sea is one of the few things that I can stare at for hours without getting bored (I unfortunately get restless easy, which is probably part of the reason I can’t stop moving around).

It’s going to be a good few months. I just hope that it will be reflected in the work I produce.

1 comment:

  1. Palolem does sound like a paradise.

    Glad to know you are on the mend.

    And really, suggest you treat your spring entry into Europe again as another one of your eye-opening thingies, as opposed to a return to the dark side. Now you get to experience what you had once known with different set of eyes and principles. Stay open, stay free. Be happy.

    ReplyDelete