Monday, January 14, 2008

Improvement

Things are starting to improve, at least on the inside. I’ve had two good nights sleep, relative calm and some pretty good people around me. My head’s starting to calm down and I’m once again starting to enjoy myself. A shame I’ve only got four days left before I once again have to go to chilly Bangalore. Of course, I’ll only be there for four days, so it shouldn’t really be that bad.

After that I’m still not sure what’s going to happen. I hope to find out by the end of today. I’m very undecided about whether I should head back straight away or spend another month out here. I’ve mentioned that a bunch of times already, I know, but it’s one of the biggest concerns in my life right now, so obviously I’m going to want to talk about it (yes, it might not be interesting, but then obviously some of you disagree with me about what is interesting, anyway.)

The good thing is that it isn’t really my decision which path I take. That is now firmly in the hands of an advertising agency in Bombay; a group of people that I’ve never met, in a city that I’ve never been to and with intentions that I can’t even fathom. Brilliant, in a way. Sometimes it’s nice to let your fate be decided by complete strangers. At least they don’t have any preconceived notions about you, or any desires to screw you over or ‘help’ you.

I often find a compliment from a complete stranger far more rewarding than a compliment from somebody I already know. The complete stranger has nothing to gain by giving that compliment, while your friends almost always have underlying motivations that have nothing to do with that actual trait being complimented.

Wow, I’m making odd observations again, things must be improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment