Saturday, January 26, 2008

Back on the Beach

I’m back! Palolem hasn’t changed a great deal since I’ve left it, except that a couple of the friends I had down here have moved on. That’s alright, it just means that I’ve got to make new ones. I’m not just back in that way though, I’m also back in Spirit. I’m back on top of the world and rearing to go.

With a restricted budget, anyway. That’s the way the cookie crumbles of course (I’ve been using that saying far too much). Things were going to be relatively comfortable, but then I used up 20% of my remaining cash on traveling. So now I have 20% less cash every day. Not a pretty way to look at it.

Still, it is better to be poor on a beach than poor in cold, horrible Europe. Besides, it means there is less temptation for me to go out and get plastered. Instead, I can read, write and generally try to be intellectual.

I actually only drank two beers, smoked ten cigarettes and did nothing else for the whole week I went around working. It’s certainly been a very long time since I’ve done that. Quite proud of it. Even since I’ve been back here (which was yesterday afternoon) I’ve been well behaved. Not as well behaved as the week before, mind you, but certainly better behaved than the week before that.

So now it’s a matter of working, reading, relaxing and waiting. Hopefully one of the jobs I went to look at in Bombay will pan out and put me in a comfortable position again. I just need one and I went to about five castings (plus the jobs that my pictures were sent out for, but I know nothing about). That’s not bad odds, right? Especially if it is actually true that there are very few foreign models out and about in Bombay.

I’m still a bit sick, though. Physically I don’t feel much trouble, though I feel a little uncomfortable when I eat a big meal, but I still do need to go to the toilet a little more frequently than is perfectly normal. That is compensated by the fact, of course, that when I do go it all comes out a great deal quicker than normal. Good in terms of the time I spend in the toilet. Not so good in terms of my physical wellbeing.

Oh well, what to do? I’ve thought about going to the doctor, but I do seem to be improving, so I don’t really want to fork out money for a doctor, when I’m already naturally on the mend. If I take a turn for the worst, I’ll have to go get an antibiotics cure, until then it’s just a matter of waiting to see (and watching what I eat). Still can’t go to the gym, though. Exercise weakens the immune system for a short while and that is something that I definitely should avoid right now.

1 comment: