Friday, January 12, 2007

The Luck Factor part Duex

So how was my first week of luck? Not bad, truth be told. Three of my students cancelled their classes (which means I still get paid but I don’t have to work, something I refer to as free money) when normally it would be at most one in that period, public transportation has been arriving within minutes of my arrival at the train or bus stop, I’ve been getting a huge number of classes (meaning I can get out of here faster) and people have been reacting to me much more positively.

All in all I would say my luck has improved about 20% so far. (I’ve come to that figure after carefully multiplying all the numbers I saw in the newspaper together, dividing them by the number of the beast and adding four, for the four leaf clover. In other words, I was very scientific about it.)

The main challenge I see ahead is keeping it up. I have to somehow learn to internalise the lessons of ‘The Luck Factor’ and make them a part of my life. That is a challenge, a challenge that is well worth it, mind you, but still a challenge. I have to make it so that these things I am supposed to do are no longer conscious decisions but just simply ‘me’.

I’ll tell you how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment