Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Too much and too little

Palolem is becoming incredibly busy for me personally. There is less and less time to just hang out with friends and shoot the shit, instead I’m finding that I don’t even have enough time in each day to do everything I need to do. Every day I’m being forced to push something back to the next day. This way stuff is going to keep piling up and I’ll end up stressed out in one of the most relaxed places in the world.

I’m not sure if I told you, but I’m working with a group here that do parties with headphones. The reason for the headphones is that there is a rule out here in Goa, that you can’t have live music, movies or really any kind of noise after ten o’clock. Yes, it really still is a third world country in many ways. So we get by that by giving everybody radio headphones (as in, they receive radio signals).

Originally, when I first started helping them flyering, it was only a few hours a week and it kept me in focus (they are also the people helping me out with my modeling work). Now it has turned into a four to five days a week job (albeit paid, so not all bad). The reason? Well, they’ve gone from only one party a week to four. This means that they have more work and more flyering has to be done. In other words, less people are out there to flyer and more flyers have to be handed out.

Yesterday I needed four hours to go across the whole beach, from one end to the other. It’s only a one and a half kilometer stretch! Of course, the work doesn’t quite end there, as I then still have to show up at the even itself and make sure people are having a good time. You see, I only get paid if they make a profit.

Besides that I’m still trying to get a few hours a day in on my short story, I’m trying to apply to university, stay in shape (which isn’t as easy as it sounds, with the gym being 45 minutes away) and a whole plethora of other things.

Add to that the fact that I’m not that far away from possibly going back (I still haven’t got any jobs that actually pay me well enough that I can consider staying out here and making my money here for university) and it’s all becoming a bit stressful.

I seem to be incredibly good, these days, at always getting myself involved in far too many things in far too little time. Still, at least I don’t have to feel guilty about not getting anything done. The only thing I have to feel guilty about right now is that I still haven’t sent out any proper applications to universities.

No comments:

Post a Comment