Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What's going on here?

It’s weird. Ever since I’ve left Singapore I’ve not really received any E-mails, or any comments on my Blog, or any visitors for that matter. It’s like I suddenly stopped to exist, or the people I used to know have ceased to exist, or that I’ve moved to some parallel universe.

Before anybody suspects of it, I’m not whinging, or asking you all to start writing, visiting and commenting more, I’m just noticing a strange occurrence. Is it coincidence, or is the fact that I’m somewhere far away make me seem less accessible, or less contactable? Does the idea ‘he’s on a trip’ influence the frequency of how often people are likely to type in my e-mail address and send me something? Or is all that just hogwash and is it really because I’ve stopped writing e-mails and haven’t put anything interesting on my blog for a while?

I don’t know. I’d ask you guys to comment, but you wouldn’t anyway, so I won’t bother. (That sounded a bit nasty, didn’t it?). I guess I’ll just keep doing my thing and hope that the trend reverses itself. And if it doesn’t? Well, then I guess I’ll just keep writing for myself. There’s nothing wrong with that. Sometimes you really are your own best audience.

1 comment:

  1. ... me here! Me here! I don't even have time to write my own blog, where got time to comment in yours...

    ... anyways if truth be told, we are envious that you are on an extended holiday.

    I bang my head against the wall out of habit right after reading about your trip.

    Afterwhich I forget to write something, understandably.

    So, take it easy and stay well!

    And belated greetings from Fish and the spawns.

    ReplyDelete