Thursday, August 16, 2007

The first of many

So staying in Sri Lanka turned out to be a mistake. I decided to stay an extra week, after I finally managed to hook up properly with this model chick I discussed earlier. I thought, ‘one more week will be good! We’ll hang out and have fun. Then I’ll leave for real and we’ll both have good memories.’ Unfortunately, the moment that I decided to stay longer she turned weird on me.

It was to be expected. Any chick that will have you on the side of her boyfriend is bound to have some inherent weirdness. I could have kept things going, but decided I didn’t like this ‘half way here, half way there’ bullshit that was going on, so I said to her ‘tomorrow I’m leaving Colombo. I’m going to go up north. You can come if you like, but you leave your baggage behind.’

She couldn’t, of course. It didn’t really come as any kind of surprise. She tried to explain herself and I told her not to bother. I only cared that she wasn’t coming, the reasons why were really of no importance to me what so ever. Guilt, self loathing, honour, values, whatever. It’s all that same, in the end.

So how do I feel now? A bit sad, I’ll admit honestly. It was never going to work out (conversation was difficult, to say the least), but it was still fun while it lasted. I also feel relieved, however. It’s time to continue my journey and at least I know that it was all my decision (when she told me she wasn’t coming I informed her that then it was better we didn’t see each other again, as a clean break was better).

She was definitely the oddest girl I’ve ever been with. She’s left some good memories, and ultimately that’s what it’s all about, right?

It was a mistake to stay here, but I don’t regret it. I’ve learned from it. The next super hot model that bounces up to my table won’t have it so easy, I promise you that! I’m glad I’m completely alone again. That’s how it was supposed to be. All I hope is that my next few months will be as interesting as the first one was. Then I’ll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment