Thursday, July 19, 2007

I’m still alive (I think)

The last few weeks have been very hectic. I’ve been in a sort of frantic pause, in between my old job and my new journey. It’s been wild. I’ve basically been trying to say goodbye to everybody, with many people more than once. It’s a time consuming, energy eating and liver killing process.

The drinking has been horrendous. Last night, on yet another alcohol accompanied goodbye, I was looking at my beer (a Kilkenny, I had had quite enough of Tiger, Carlsberg and Heineken all) wondering to myself ‘how the hell am I going to get you down?’.

On Monday I went out with a friend from Holland who’s in town for a few days, after which he will go back to China. We started at two thirty and finished a bottle of vodka, with a bigger group (not just the two of us) at about 12:30 that night. I went home and felt pretty crappy the next day.

On Wednesday, however, not having learned from my Monday, I did it again, only this time I started at noon and ended at four in the morning. I didn’t have time to feel crap yesterday, however, as there were yet more people that wanted to say both hello and goodbye, so I was forced to rely on hair of the dog.

Hair of the dog is the trick where you drink to get over your hangover. Yes, those sound like the words of a true alchy, but I promise you, it actually works pretty damn well. That first beer is a rough one to drink, too. Every part of your body is screaming ‘no, not again!’, but you do and after that you do ok.

But anyway, I have no idea what is in store for me today, but it’s going to be another hectic one, by the look of things. It is Friday, after all. My last Friday in Singers. Groan.

1 comment:

  1. Well, fortunately Cola plies you with healthy things to consume. It should help offset some of the negative effects, if any. In other words, you cannot escape my party tonight - and I know you won't :)

    ReplyDelete