Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Distracted

Last Friday was my last day of work. Today is the first day that I can make myself sit down and actually write on my blog. How, in fortune’s name, did I manage to find no time while being unemployed to write on my blog? I’m not exactly sure, but time has flashed by.

Saying goodbye, I’ve found out, is a time consuming (and money consuming) business.

Writing on my story has also been a very good way to take up a great deal of time. When I want to write, it’s now a choice between writing on my blog, or writing on my story. Today, fortunately, I’ve hopefully found time to do both. That is, if my laptop battery doesn’t run out. Mental note to self, buy an extra laptop battery.

I think in the future I’ll just start posting short excerpts from my actual story up here. I realise that’s a bit of a cheat, but nobody ever said I have to obey some set of rules when I’m writing for my blog.

As for the deep thoughts that I normally (try to) write about, I’m a little too busy living my life to think about too many other things. That, and the book I’m currently reading (Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond) isn’t that inspirational. It’s interesting, granted, but it is very repetitive (as a colleague warned me when she found me reading it). The author apparently thinks it’s a very good idea to hit you repetitively with the same fact in different forms, in order to make it sound more convincing.

All I’ve noticed it making me is sleepy. Every time I pick it up, within half an hour I need to take a quick nap (which is kind of nice). So read, nap, wake up, yawn, read again, nap again, get coffee, read a little longer, get up from the couch, shuffle around, check E-mail, try reading again, throw the book away in disgust, go over to the corner, pick it up, try reading it again, realise I’ve read a page without remember any of it, realise that it probably said the same thing as the page before, shrug, keep reading, fantasize about beautiful lesbians suddenly deciding they are bi in my presence.

You get the picture.

I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment