Monday, July 23, 2007

Final Preparations

Two packed bags behind me, butterflies in my stomach and a head full of ideas. Four hours before I fly. What have I packed?

-Clothes (one neat shirt, lots of t-shirts, swimming trunks, etc.)
-toiletries (wax, shavers, shampoo, real poo, aerosol, etc.)
-A laptop
-Two laptop batteries and a power cord
-One diskette
-Five books (Lonely Planet, the ‘Leviathan’ by Thomas Hobbes, ‘Why I’m not a Christian’ by Bertrand Russell, ‘The Meme Machine’ by Susan Blackmore and ‘Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus’ by Wittgenstein)
-A deck of cards and poker dice
-A note book
-Enough store bought drugs to (humanely) kill an elephant
-my writing samples
-my lucky (security?) blanket
-condoms
-swiss army card (like a swiss army knife, only flatter)
-flip flops, timberlands and some brandless pair of running shoes
-two locks and a chain
-LED flashlight and reading light
-universal power transformer (Transformers! Power sockets in disguise)
-perfume as a present for Shazam’s mother
-traveller cheques
-a wallet full of cash, credit cards, bank cards and other stuff I probably no longer really need
-passport
-print out of my online flight ticket
-a new hand-phone
-and more

Sounds pretty prepared, right?

So why do I feel completely naked?

1 comment:

  1. well at least you remembered your towel. I think you forgot underware, socks, rosary and your universal translator!

    ReplyDelete