Friday, July 27, 2007

Hikaduwa duex

I just sat in my room and typed an entry for my blog on my laptop. Then, I pull out my disket, which I had cleverly brought to transfer my files from my laptop to the internet cafe. i life up the laptop, with the intention of slotting in the disket when I realise something quite significant. My laptop has no disket drive.

Drat.

I need to buy a thumb drive, but I don't know if they sell those here in Hikaduwa.

Anyways, so I'm in Hikaduwa. I'm staying in the infamous 'Why not?'. When Banana and myself were last here we spent quite a few hours there drinking their liqour. Now, with it being low season, the Why Not? is closed.

But not to worry. The people that run it in peak season are still around and have absolutely nothing to do for six months. They are up for anything, which fits quite nicely with my current mood.

I've met Rasta again (he was mentioned on Banana's old blog) and we hung out on the beach for a nice civilized cup of tea. We had a tray with a tea towel, tea pot cups, saucers, sugar and milk; but we had no table. Instead we just sat in the sand.

It was one of the best cups of tea I've had in a long time.

I have to say, I love the horizon. They couldn't understand what I was babling about when I talked about how nice it was to see a horizon again, but then none of them have ever lived in a city. Singapore is in large parts horizonless. I wonder what that does to our thinking process?

I'll keep writing to this blog and I'll soon find a way to transfer text from my lappy up here, in which case it will be even easier to get stuff out.

PS: I will send a card and I did bring my underwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment