Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The Moment

I don’t know if I mentioned this, but this weekend I get to travel to Kochin in Kerala for free, stay in hotel there for free and get to party for free after I do a fashion show for which I’ll get paid. Pretty sweet deal, huh? It will be my third show in India (I did another one yesterday, which wasn’t that much fun, but alright.) That number will soon explode upwards, as I’ve got a fashion week to walk and so far it seems like people’s response to me has been pretty good, as I’m supposed to walk quite a few shows.

I’m still waiting for my first shoot, though. That’s where the real money and fun are at. And then I can finally show (some of) you some pictures!

I’m still having a great time. Except for a couple of hours in the gym every day (well except for yesterday, because of the show and today because it being a public holiday) and the occasional show, I really don’t have to do terribly much. Somehow, though, I still manage to fill up every minute of every day without getting bored.

I think it’s the huge number of people I’ve met and that want to hang out with me. I’m still mystified about what has changed so drastically to make so many people react so positively to me.

I was invited to dinner at the house of one of the head chefs of one of the big hotel chains here in Bangalore and he told me ‘every one of my friends likes you, every one.’ He likes me too (slightly too much, I’m afraid). Don’t worry, there were other people at the dinner as well.

Another guy from Dubai who’s a stylist there has said that I should come up there and even offered to get me a ticket at some point, so that I could work down there (though admittedly he wasn’t exactly sober at the time, so I don’t know if he’ll either remember or act on that memory).

What ever the reason for it though, I seem to be meeting a ton of people and they all seem to want to meet me again. Tonight I’m meeting a gentleman who throws the parties in the clubs three to four times a week (and now greets me very warmly and always waves me right in, past the ques and – more importantly – the cashier’s counter). He might be able to give me some writing work down here as well. That would be excellent, as then I’d be doing yet another thing I love.

Life is good. I hope I manage to keep it that way.

1 comment:

  1. hey, good to know it's panning out great for you over there.

    things are looking up. you're enjoying your time there, things can only get better.

    it's a good thing you made your way there. i wouldn't have imagined such opportunities exist there too.

    goes to show that one has got to actually be there to seek them in the first place. that's the secret.

    ReplyDelete