Sunday, October 21, 2007

The story continues

I haven't written in a long time, have I? Nothing really to report. The last week has been very busy, if not that useful. Went to a lot of parties and for some reason they all sucked. Probably to make up for last week, where we had a weekend of parties that were absolutely phenomenal.

I'm finally getting some writing work. I'm writing the newspaper stories for a local fashion event (I offered to help the organizer) and last night somebody asked me to quote him a price to write the content for his web page. For some reason, people over here seem to assume that I'm capable, purely because I'm social and self confident.

The same dude was even talking about if I stuck around that he'd like me to possibly help coordinate his models for his company. He doesn't have any yet, but he he thinks he can start a successful agency over here. I told him the offer was interesting, but that we should take everything one step at a time. First, let's see how the writing thing goes and after that we'll take a look at if we want to work together more in the future.

So far the dude hasn't impressed me much. He hasn't called back when he was supposed to and has generally been flighty. According to the word around town that's because he's really busy. That's an explanation, but far from an excuse in my book.

The IMFF (Indian Men's Fashion Festival) is starting in a few days time. I'm supposed to be walking it and it was supposed to be my great debut. There is now a question, however, about whether I'll be walking it at all. It's through my provocation and I don't regret the provoking, but it would pretty much be the end of my modelling career here in Bangalore. Oh well, so be it. I never saw it as much more than a bit of fun and a way to make money.

Maybe I'll just hit the road again if it doesn't work out. Continue on my journey and take all the experiences and lessons learned as my prize for the price I've paid (cash wise, experience wise my time here has been brilliant).

I'll get back up here soon and tell you all how this cross road in my life has resolved itself.

4 comments:

  1. yup, one step at a time.

    keep at it dude. good stuff so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. huh? but that's bartering what - they need something, you give it, they exchange that with money. anyways i hv my own bit of crossroads now, Sin Ball, waaaa.... :(

    ReplyDelete