Sunday, May 04, 2008

Good weather, good mood

I’ve moved house. Originally I was staying at my mother’s friend’s house (with my mother, who was here for a few days; it was very nice) now I’m staying with my sister. Here too I can’t stay too long and after that I’ve only got one willing family member left (my aunt). I better hurry up with finding myself a place to stay.

The weather is beautiful and this is a good thing. For the rest, things could be progressing a little faster but I’m relatively positive about my future. Amsterdam is a fantastic city, with friendly people who are always willing to have a chat and those chats will very frequently lead to good advice, help or at least a better mood.

There’s one thing that’s a bit of a drag. A few weeks ago I spoke about somebody that was occupying a great deal of my thinking time. I’ve since met her in Rotterdam (where she lives) and we’ve fallen for each other even more. That is, of course, a good thing. Her living in Rotterdam, on the other hand, is a bad thing. So close, yet still too far!

I’m sure later on it will be easier to live apart, but right when you just start a relationship having to be apart isn’t very much fun at all. Yes, it’s a lot easier to get my work done, but no I don’t really want to be doing my work. I just want to go to Rotterdam!

Can’t have everything. Actually, can’t have a lot of things. I’ve got somebody that I care about and she cares about me; that really should be enough.

Of course, nothing is ever enough. That’s the nature of man.

I imagine some of you are still a bit stunned about the word ‘relationship’ that suddenly just popped into my text above. Even more so, i imagine, for my regular readers seeing as only a few weeks ago I wrote an entry about how I wasn’t in anyway ready.

I wasn’t.

Unfortunately matters of the heart don’t let your head decide them (I’ve discussed that often enough already). No, you still can’t trust emotions, yes I’m still of the opinion that they are geared towards a life style that is completely different from ours, but damn it certainly feels good to feel good.
That is, of course, why we get into so much trouble with our emotions. That sounds rather pesimistic, doesn’t it? And that on such a beautiful day when I’m so positive.

Happy-go-lucky is going to be my motto for the next few weeks. As that’s most certainly the best way to get what you want. I need people to help me and people most certainly help those people more whose energy they like. Stay positive and everything will work itself out.

Yes, I’ve been to the gym two times in the last two days. Can you tell?

3 comments:

  1. to answer your question, not really, not physically in particular ;)

    but i can sort of tell from the positive mood. must be the endorphines being kicked back to life.

    gym does that to you. it's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shall i push you into the path of the bus now... ? this is how the jelte of old would have wanted it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're just looking for an excuse to push me in front of a bus. You're supposed to do it because you want to help me, not because you enjoy the thought of killing me.

    ReplyDelete