Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Waiting Game

I seem to be spending my life waiting for something. Waiting to leave Singapore, waiting to earn enough money so that I can actually leave, waiting for somebody to realise my value and offer me something better, waiting for people to e-mail or sms me back, waiting for the bell to ring so that I can get out of class, waiting for eight thirty so that I can go home, waiting for my break, waiting, waiting, waiting.

I can’t imagine that it’s the same for everybody. I believe that there are going to be plenty of people out there who aren’t waiting for anything and, instead, would like the world to wait and let them catch up.

Is it my fault that I’m spending so much time waiting? Am I doing something wrong? Should I be approaching life differently? It doesn’t feel right to me. It feels like when I’m waiting for something I’m really missing an opportunity to do something else, which makes me feel guilty.

I can tell you, it’s no fun feeling guilty and not quite knowing why. On the other hand, they do say ‘when you feel guilty, you have nothing to worry about; it’s when you stop feeling guilty that you should start worrying’.

Maybe the guilt has a purpose and, while we're at it, maybe the waiting does too.

No comments:

Post a Comment