Saturday, March 10, 2007

"Insanity:

doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
-Einstein

Somehow I've been thinking a great deal about this quote and it has rung true. It's left me to wonder, am I doing the same thing over and over again? Am I stuck in a cycle of repetition, believing that somehow it will all change for me? Am I actually evolving and improving, or am I just repeating the same general themes in my life?

Somebody else, I don't know who anymore, said that life will continue to throw the same lesson at you until you've learned it. That's played through my head as well, am I learning the lessons from life that I should? I would like to think so, but 'would like' is an interesting grammatical construction, in that it suggests that it might well not be so.

On the other hand, i feel that the only way that you can continue learning is through self doubt. The moment you believe that you have everything by the right end, you stop looking for new ends to try out. So, the question becomes, is this all part of my learning process, or am I stuck in an unproductive cycle that appears progressive but is really just repetitive?

No comments:

Post a Comment